Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Oregon Wish List

Places I want to visit, sites I want to see, and things I want to do in our new hometown!!!

1. Food Carts!!  I am VERY very food motivated (ok ok so food and Diet Dew motivated).  We went to the food carts on my first visit to Oregon.  The food was amazing!  Plus I love trying different food types and sharing with family and friends.  The food carts are the best way to accomplish this!!!!

So on a similar note, I really, really, really want to go back to the place where we found goat cheese truffles and eat them until I cannot possibly consume any more!!!!!  (I told you I was food motivated.)


2. Newport aquarium!!!  I love AqUaRiUmS!!!!!!!!!  http://aquarium.org I am still a little sad that Rose and I did not get to stop here on our Oregon Coast Adventure. We saw soooo many billboards for the otters on our drive!  This is a must and will definitely be happening the first week we are living in Salem.
See?  How can you not stop???? (I think I might be in the right profession!)

P.S. while in Newport I would love to see the sea lions and the lighthouses! 

3. Tangled Purls- Knitting store in Salem. I cannot wait!!! http://www.tangledpurls.blogspot.com I have mostly been crocheting recently but hopefully all the beautiful yarn and projects will inspire me!!

I also want to learn how to quilt!  Since the Quilting for Dummies book I have is too advanced, it may be a while before I actually make a quilt but I can't wait to try.

4. Powell's Books.  http://www.powells.com  I know, I know, I know, I know, I have already been here multiple times.  But O-M-G I LoVe BOOKS!!!!!!  (Trust me the number of boxes that are labeled books is quite impressive)  I love that they have so many sections of books.  They not only have tons of romance books but also rows and rows of crafting and do-it-yourself kinds of books!!! I could happily spend a month in this store.  Bet my husband would be unhappy about that bill :)

5.  Beach! There was an amazing beach that Rose and I found somewhere near Pacific City that was beautiful, quiet and mostly empty.  I'd love to go back there! (but really any beach would be fabulous!!!!!)  It was amazing (cold since it was September) but really really beautiful views.






6. Mountains!  I'm not going to lie…I'd rather be on the beach any day of the week but since I plan to spend as much time there as possible, I feel as if I should mention the mountains.  My husband loves mountains!  I am excited to explore and hike with him.  We had a lot of fun with Jacquelyn and Juliana hiking in Silver Falls.  I think waterfalls will motivate me to hike!!!  I can't wait!

(Ok so we will probably start with smaller mountains).  


7. Whale watching! Gray whales migrate south in December- January and return north March-June.  I would LoVe to see whales!  But I'm pretty sure dramamine is in order first!




8. Seattle (So not in Oregon…I know but I still really want to visit!)  THere are so many things I want to do in Seattle!!  The Space Needle, Pike Place Fish Market  and OF COURSE THE AQUARIUM!!!!

9. Winery Tours!  Thus far in my wine drinker career, I only enjoy sweet wines.  I am hoping that visiting vineyards will help me to expand my wine taste buds and learn more about wine!

Look at all the wineries to visit!!!


10. Rose Garden in Portland.  This looks beautiful!   http://www.rosegardenstore.org/international-rose-test-garden.cfm

AND http://japanesegarden.com Again BeAuTiFuL!!!  I Can't Wait to Explore these gardens!!!  The colors of the Japanese Garden are incredible!  I look forward to seeing both gardens throughout the seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment